If you are looking to upgrade your device or simply want a latest Android Nougat 7.0 update for Samsung Galaxy S6 then you have just reached the right place. In the following tutorial, I will explain How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S6.
Android Nougat is released in this month and updates for Smartphones like Galaxy S6 are on the way, there are several features which have been improved in Android Nougat like Multi Window, Better User Interface, and Notifications and much more. Find complete detail of Android 7.0 Features.
Prerequisites (to Install Nougat):
Use this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy S6 model number SM – SM-G920F.
- Install proper USB drivers for your Galaxy S6 on the computer. (Download Here)
- Enable USB Debugging Mode [Navigate to Settings >> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- if you can’t find Developer Options under Settings, then you will have to un-hide this menu: go to About Phone and tap 7 times on the ‘Build Number’ section.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S6 should have 60% battery.
- The phone will lose custom ROM once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- disable AntiVirus Application if running on your computer.
- After installation, your Galaxy S6 will no longer be a rooted device.
- Android 7.0 Nougat works only with Galaxy S6 SM-G920F. Before going any further check your model in Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
- Download the SM-G920F Android 7.0 Nougat ROM below
- I won’t be responsible if any damage occur.
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S6 (G920F):
Step 1: Download the firmware file (above) and then extract the contents.
Step 2: Download Odin3 v3.09 here.
– Odin is the Windows app that we will use in order to install the Android 7.0 update for your Galaxy S6.
Step 2: Run ODIN on your computer and hit the AP button on it, and when prompted, browse G920FXXU1BNL2 Android 7.0 tar.md5 and choose.
Step 3: Make sure, that the Re-Partition option is unchecked.
Step 4: Power off your Galaxy S6.
Step 5: Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together (Ensure you have installed Device Drivers).
Step 6: Now that the device is in Download Mode, connect it to your computer using a USB cable. You will now see a blue light in ODIN, signifying that the phone is correctly connected.
Step 7: click the Start button in Odin. The installation will start now it will take 5 mins once installation is complete phone will restart automatically when you see the home screen plug out your Galaxy S6 from USB cable.
– don’t press any buttons until all files are successfully installed.
That’s all and you’re done congratulations you have successfully installed Android 7.0 Nougat on your Galaxy S6 G920F.
If you think I’ve missed something related to How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S6 or you want to add a new comment below.