- 1. Native Support For Notches
- 2. Redesigned Quick Settings Menu
- 3. Inline Images and Smart Replies in Notification
- 4. New Native Screenshot Editing Tool
- 5. Restriction to Camera and Microphone Access
- 6. Multi-Camera API
- 7. Redesigned Settings Page
- 8. Always On Display and Lock Screen Improvements
- 9. Power Menu Now Offers More Functionalities
- 10. Volume Keys Get the Software Upgrade
Google has dropped its first developer preview of Android P, and there are a lot of new features you can count on. Android P also has some improvements over Android O. If you are interested to see what features Android P has read further.
What’s New in Android P?
Following are 10 features which are introduced by Google in their latest OS for Android. What does P stand for still remains a question?
1. Native Support For Notches
Google has included a new feature which allows developers to emulate notch on any Android device.
2. Redesigned Quick Settings Menu
The biggest change which is coming with Android P is Quick Setting Menu. The quick setting is being redesigned with a fresh coat of paint and focus on rounded icons with the solid white background. A ton of changes is also coming to the individual quick settings toggle.
3. Inline Images and Smart Replies in Notification
The Android P is bringing most request feature in Android P which is the ability to check past few messages in notification to make it easier for users to have conversations. It also supports inline images and stickers inside notification so that users could enjoy that. A notification brings quick replies feature natively to Android.
4. New Native Screenshot Editing Tool
In Android P, Google is bringing a native screenshot editing tools which will be providing a solution to capture screenshots and edit them on the GO. The tools include features like paint, free hand-writing, text and few more.
5. Restriction to Camera and Microphone Access
In Android P, Google has introduced a new feature which block background apps form accessing sensors and camera.
6. Multi-Camera API
This new API will help developers to access data from all the cameras which are present on a smartphone without having any problem.
7. Redesigned Settings Page
The not the just quick setting panel is a redesign but the Setting Page in Android P is also getting UI improvements. The setting page gets an organized interface which adds colors from the different setting menu to make them identifiable.
8. Always On Display and Lock Screen Improvements
Android P feature is bringing few changes to lock screen and always on display feature of Android. The pattern lock on lock screen starts fading as the user is marking it. The always on display will also show battery status at the bottom which looks pretty nice addition.
9. Power Menu Now Offers More Functionalities
In Android, O introduced nifty new slide-out Power Menu which is triggered when Power button is pressed a little longer. In Android P, Google has extended the feature with more options on the menu.
10. Volume Keys Get the Software Upgrade
The new Volume Menu gives you access to easy shortcuts such as media control and the ability to mute the phone.